Clear and Dark (front and back) L
L at the start of words (clear):
L at the end of words (dark):
Clear and dark pairs with diphthongs:
late / nail
Leah / ideal
lure / neural
loud / towel
loathe / hole
lice / pile
loiter / oil
Clear and dark L in sentences:
- The leaf lifted off the hill.
- Morale was low after the ball was lost.
- The fool left the pearl on the lawn.
- I liked that lovely meal but now I feel ill.
- I laughed out loud a lot when he fell into the hole.
- I lured the beast from its lair
- I left the towel in a pile on the floor.
- The doll looked lovely in its lilac cloak.
- I am loathe to admit to spilling the oil.
- The pearl looked dull in the moonlight.